Information for journalists and film makers:
The Landmine Museum and Cambodian Self Help Demining receive numerous requests from documentary
film makers, writers and journalists to interview Aki Ra, the children who live at the Museum Relief Center
and to film the demining team while they are at work. Please contact us early and make arrangements
before showing up.
Aki Ra's time is extremely limited. He can be in the field clearing mines for as much as 25 days each
month and will be unavailable. Filming in the mine field is allowed rarely, and only in cases that are
pre-qualified, with groups who can provide bonafides on previous work and are doing stories
on which we want to participate. When Aki Ra is not in the field he tries to spend as much time as
possible with his children and the children at his Museum, and that time is not available for filming or
FILMING AT THE LANDMINE MUSEUM:
- Filming in the Museum can be done at any time and needs no pre-approval, as the Museum is
open to the public daily from 0730-1730.
FILMING/INTERVIEWS OF THE CHILDREN WHO LIVE AT THE RELIEF CENTER:
- We rarely allow filming or interviews inside the Relief Center or interviews with the children in
- You must be pre-approved by the Museum directors before you will be allowed inside our
childrens home with a camera or to do interviews of any kind.
FILMING CAMBODIAN SELF HELP DEMINING IN THE FIELD:
- Filming of the demining team at work is possible to qualified groups, for a few hours at a time, if
the area in which they are working is accessible and approved in advance.
HOW TO GET APPROVAL FOR FILMING OR INTERVIEWS:
Organizations and individuals desiring interviews or to do filming should contact our Project Manager, Mr.
William Morse, at firstname.lastname@example.org to seek approval. We will want to know:
- who the organization or individual is who will be conducting or producing the piece
- what the story is about
- examples of previous work
- when the intended interview/filming will take place
Please contact us before you make your travel arrangements to come to Cambodia. It can take
several months to organize filming and interview times.
If you simply show up at our facility you will be unable to secure filming anywhere except in the
Museum, and interviews will not be available.
Contact Mr. William Morse at:
Tel: +855 (0)15 674 163